OUR SAFEGUARDING TEAM
Scissett CE Academy is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all our children. We strongly believe that all pupils have a right to learn in a supportive, caring and safe environment, which includes the right to protection from all types of abuse; where all our staff are vigilant for any pupils in distress and are confident to apply our safeguarding processes to avert and stop any such problems.
Safeguarding is about ensuring that everyone is safe from harm, this includes:
- Safe from bullying,
- Safe from people who could abuse,
- Safe from discrimination.
and ensuring we all feel safe in our environment
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL’s) are the members of staff who will deal with any issues in our school.
If you have any concerns or worries, please speak to any of our team and they will signpost and support you as required.
Telephone: 01484 861488
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Cunningham
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mr Codling
Our safeguarding governor is Miss Gillian Hamer
The Designated Safeguarding Lead is in place to ensure all children are happy and safe both at school and at home. They may meet with parents, talk about ways to support, make referrals to social care and work alongside other appropriate agencies.
- Train staff to a high standard about different areas of safeguarding
- Help parents get the support they may need to make positive changes
- Support parent and child mental health
- Identify cases of abuse, radicalisation, crime etc. and refer to the relevant agencies
- Be the first point of contact for parents, staff, children and other agencies to share worries and concerns
- Keep detailed written records of all concerns and referrals on CPOMS
- Play a role in leading on online safety and PSHE to ensure all children are taught about appropriate things
- Encourage a culture of listening and hearing the child's voice.