If you have a complaint about something at school, there are three levels at which complaints can be made and the levels must be approached in order, as stated in Kirklees Policy Document on complaints procedure:-
- Approach the Headteacher, to discuss your concerns
Put your complaint in writing to the Headteacher.
- If your are still not satisfied, contact the Chair of the Governing Body so that your written complaint can be raised with the School's Governing Body Complaints committee.
The Governors Complaints Committee may decide to:
- Dismiss the complaint
- Uphold the Headteacher's decision
- Hold further discussions with the Headteacher and reconsider aspects of their decision
- Ask the LA to investigate the complaint
If the Complaints Committee asks the LA to investigate the complaint, the Chair of Governors will request an LA investigation in writing, to the Childrens and Adults Directorate, Learning and Skills.
- You may approach the local authority.